- Master of Science in Civil Engineering completed 8.9.1995 at Institute for Water and Environmental Engineering (IWEE), Tampere University of Technology, Finland. Attained average grade “Good”. The MSc (Civil Engineering) thesis qualified as “Excellent”. Area of specialization Municipal Technology, main subject Water and Environmental Engineering, minor subject Construction Economics.
- Currently doctoral student at the Faculty of Business and Built Environment, Tampere University of Technology.
- Studied at the Teacher Training Institute of the Tampere Polytechnic University of Applied Sciences, Teacher Education Centre. Pedagogic studies, 24.8.2006 -> (August 2008). Web-based distance learning course leading to formal qualifications.
Post-graduate training and other courses:
- Basic Training Course for the Future Delegates, the Finnish Red Cross, 29 October – 04 November 2006. http://www.redcross.fi
- NordForsk Nordic-Baltic Research Training Course: “Viable Water Governance”, 6-11 June, 2005, Tampere University of Technology (TUT), Institute of Environmental Engineering and Biotechnology (IEEB), Tampere, Finland. Hosted by: CADWES. (3 ECTS) http://www.cadwes.org
- Basics of the Developing Country Medicine, Faculty of Medicine in collaboration with the Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Developing Studies, Helsinki University, 2005. (3 ECTS)
- International Conference and Summer School: Towards Sustainable Futures – Tools and Strategies, 14-17 June, 2004, Tampere, Finland. Turku School of Economics and Finland Futures Academy (7.5 ECTS) “What is Futures Research?” (7.5 ECTS), “Methods of Futures Research” (7.5 ECTS) and “Application of Future Research” (7.5 ECTS), Turku School of Economics and Finland Futures Academy 2003-2004 http://www.tukkk.fi/tutu/
- Attended 3 residential training courses held by the Voluntary Service Overseas, The United Kingdom, including “Working with the Communities”, “Environment and Development”, and “Working with Limited Technical Resources”. December 1997. http://www.vso.org.uk
- Attended postgraduate course in Water and Environmental Management, at Institute for Water and Environmental Engineering, Tampere University of Technology, 1994 – 1995.
Attended short residential courses on renewable energy resources at the Centre for Alternative Technology, United Kingdom, 1995. http://www.cat.org.uk
- Attended COMETT – UETP/EEE Short Modular Course “Sound Institutional Strategies for Water Supply and Sanitation Services”, IWEE, TUT, 1993.
- University of Sunderland, The United Kingdom, at the academic year 1991-1992. BSc Environmental Studies: 2nd and 3rd year units & MSc Environmental Management: a module on Environmental Impact Assessment. http://welcome.sunderland.ac.uk/